Bringing Your Business and Skills to South Canterbury
South Canterbury offers a progressive commercial environment and fantastic lifestyle for business people considering a move to the region.
A relaxed family friendly environment and culturally diverse community are complemented by a thriving economy, skilled and stable workforce, low operating costs, strategic geographical positioning, well-established infrastructure and a reputation for business innovation. Set-up and operational costs in South Canterbury (such as property prices and wages) are significantly lower than in larger centres around New Zealand.
With a sound transport infrastructure and strategically central location, South Canterbury offers significant economic advantages as a central distribution hub for the upper and lower South Island.
South Canterbury in the central South Island provides quality education from pre-school to polytechnic, with three universities a little over two hour’s drive away. Good quality health and community services are also easily accessible.
See our LIVE section for more information on living in South Canterbury, including:
Business and Relocation Support
Aoraki Development Business and Tourism actively supports businesses and skilled professionals looking to relocate to or invest in South Canterbury.
We offer a range of free and fee-based services for businesses new to the region including:
- overview of the South Canterbury business environment
- reports on current business related statistics and trends
- business introductions, contacts and referrals e.g. local Government, Chamber of Commerce
- information on local services e.g. banking and finance, land and premise availability, trades, services
- assistance and referrals for staffing and skill-set requirements
We also offer support for families of business people considering a move to South Canterbury including:
- overview and contacts for education services (from pre-school to Tertiary) and other essential services such as healthcare
- referrals to newcomers networks and the Aoraki Multicultural Council
- referrals to other relocation related services e.g. real estate agents, moving companies, trades people etc
- support with CV preparation and linkage to job opportunities
Contact us today if you are thinking of expanding or relocating your business to South Canterbury - we look forward to assisting you.