South Canterbury Media Image Library
We provide media quality photography to help you promote South Canterbury and the Central South Island, New Zealand.
We have many talented professional and amateur photographers living in South Canterbury, many of whom have generously provided us with fantastic images to help develop and maintain this website for our community. We also receive great support from our many tourism and business partners, who keep us updated with high quality images of available venues, South Canterbury events, tours, activities and business operations...and the beautiful landscapes that so often provide a backdrop to South Canterbury life.
We've put some of the best of these images together to create a South Canterbury media image library for use by tourism and business media and the travel trade.
To enable us to maintain a good supply of stunning, fresh and interesting images, there are some terms and conditions below that we need you to agree to before you can use any of the images in our media image library.
We regularly add new images to the gallery - so make sure you keep coming back to review what's in stock!
Browse Our Image Gallery
Click here to view and download images in the media image library.
So that we know who is using our images and for what purpose, you'll need to fill in a request form before you can download any image from the library. By completing our media and trade image request form, you'll automatically be entered into our media contacts database and may from time to time receive email newsletters updating you on developments in South Canterbury and news about the work of Aoraki Development Business and Tourism. View our privacy and email newsletter policies here.
Contact us for more information about using these or other images we have available.
Accredited Media and Travel Trade
For accredited tourism and business media and genuine travel trade contacts, Aoraki Development Business and Tourism provides a selection of high quality, high resolution images free of charge for promotional purposes, at our own discretion. Examples of such groups include:
- Media (websites, magazines, newspapers promoting South Canterbury and the Central South Island Region)
- Inbound tour operators/wholesalers (providing the image is used to promote South Canterbury and the Central South Island Region)
- Other tourism promotion organisations (Tourism New Zealand, Tourism Industry Association, Official Regional and District Tourism Organisations)
- Professional conference or event organisers, if the event being planned is to be held in South Canterbury / the Central South Island
In most cases, we provide these images free of charge, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below:
- We provide images free of charge by accredited media and the tourism industry for the promotion of South Canterbury in the Central South Island as a destination.
- Travel trade, accredited media, tourism operators and organisers of events being run in South Canterbury can use these images, in printed or online promotional material, if that material promotes South Canterbury as a destination.
- Please use the image caption we supply with the image, including clearly identifying the destination as being from South Canterbury, or the city/township identified in the caption. Please also credit the operator, company or photographer if identified in the image caption we supply. Incorrect labeling and/or failure to correctly acknowledge one of our images as requested above, is a breach of these terms and conditions.
- Your use of these images is non-exclusive and non-transferable. We rely on the ongoing support of our local photographers to maintain our collection of these stunning South Canterbury images. Our photographers are proud of their work and we ask that you respect this by not passing on or using these images for any other purposes than those stated above, or in the information you provide to us with your request.
- The images on this website are protected under copyright and New Zealand law. Unless otherwise stated, copyright, licensing rights and other intellectual property rights for the images, are owned or controlled by Aoraki Development, Business and Tourism.
- These images may not be altered or modified in any way.
Contact us for more information, or see below to browse our image library and make a selection.
Other Promotional Groups
Other images of South Canterbury or Central South Island may be provided on either a free or chargeable (refer to photographer) basis to other groups (on a case by case basis) including:
- Businesses and other commercially focused organisations
- Other tourism operators
- Publishers (hotel/motel directories, business directories, books, postcards, posters, calendars, etc)
- Media (not directly promoting our region)
- Government and Local Government organisations
- Educational institutions
Image supply will depend on the requestor, intended purpose of the images and the rights we hold for each image. If we refer you to the photographer who created the image(s), they may charge you a fee for using the image(s). In this case, any commercial agreement made will be between yourself and the photographer. Are You a Keen Photographer?
Contact us for more information or see below to browse our image library and make a selection.
If you are a keen professional or amateur photographer and you have a passion for capturing great images around Timaru, Geraldine or anywhere else in the South Canterbury region, we'd love to see some examples of your work.
If your images are of a suitable quality and style appropriate to this site and the other promotional material produced by Aoraki Development Business and Tourism, we may use it to showcase South Canterbury (and your photographic talent), online and in other promotional material.
If you are a commercial photographer, our business listings provide other opportunities to promote your work to the large international, national and local audience who regularly view this site.
As with the other stunning images you'll see throughout this site, we work hard to ensure we acknowledge and support photographers who supply us with images for the purposes of promoting South Canterbury NZ. We understand the value of quality photographic work and for all images we select for use on the site, we complete an image release form detailing the rights for use. All images are stored in a restricted access online database, with usage strictly managed according to the usage rights for each image.
Contact us to discuss how we can work together to promote South Canterbury with great images - and showcase your photographic talent to an extensive online audience.